The diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease is life-changing and leads to many questions. What will this mean for me and my family? How do I plan for the future? Where can I get the help I need?
Living with Alzheimer’s: For People with Alzheimer’s is an interactive three-part program where you will have a chance to hear from others who have been where you are. We will discuss what you need to know, what you need to plan and what you can do to navigate this chapter of your life.
This program will cover information for people with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
Topics covered will include:
• Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
• Partnering with your medical team
• Effective communication and telling others about the diagnosis
• Coping with changes and making decisions
• Daily strategies and safety issues
• Opportunities for supporting research
• Resources for people with early-stage Alzheimer's disease